Uttrakhand Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019 | Uttarakhand 744 Vacancy GDS Postal Circle Result: Getting a government job is a dream for many, but the way to get is not easy. Not only has it required preparation of the aptitude tests, but also ask the candidates to get some good educational degree. There are a few government jobs left in India that one can get without having a graduation degree.
The post of Gramin Dak Sevak is among the few jobs, one can get with a degree of matriculation. Indian postal circles announce these state wise postal vacancies every year for the candidates having a degree lesser than graduation. This time, there are 744 vacancies for the post of Gramin Dak sevaks in the state of Uttrakhand. This is advisable for the candidates that they must fill in the forms for the state they belong to. These vacancies are announced on the state as well as the district level. So you should also mention your district name while filling up the form.
Uttrakhand Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019 | Uttarakhand 744 Vacancy GDS Postal Circle Result
Before going for this post one should keep certain things in mind:
- After you get the job, you will have to work in villages
- There are four posts you can be assigned if you get selected
- The first job is that of a postmaster. He is usually the head of the post office. The other employees have to listen to him. He assigns jobs to her juniors.
- The second option is that of a GDS carrier. He is basically the mail carrier. He sorts different kinds of mail according to their category, early in the morning. He assists the postmaster
- The third post is that of a mail deliverer. In simple words, we can call him the postman. His duty is to deliver all the emails. He too assists the postmaster.
- The fourth and the last job option is that of a GDS packer. He basically packs all the mail and them suitable for getting delivered.
- You might have to go through an aptitude test for the selection. The syllabus of the test can be seen on the official website of Indian postal circles i.e. www.appost.in.
- The final selection can be made on the basis of an interview.
Apart from these, basic details about the posts and the kind of work, here are some detailed explanations about the Uttrakhand Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2018.
- Educational qualification
The minimum educational qualification for filling up the form of Uttrakhand Gramin Dak Sevak 2018 is a degree of matriculation. There is no relaxation for any category candidates in educational qualification. There is no mention of any percentage, so passing marks in every subject will do. No higher degree of education will be counted for this post. The candidates with the compartmental mark on their certificate will be preferred less over the candidates with no compartment. However, the candidates with compartment are allowed to fill the form.
- Computer training and education
A computer training of minimum 2 months is mandatory for filling up the form of this post. The candidate must have a training certificate from any authorized computer center or institute. This can be a government approved institute or a private one. Those who have studied computer at their matriculation level need not submit this certificate.
- Age limit and relaxations as per candidate’s category
The minimum age limit for each category candidate applying for this post is 18 years. A candidate below the age of 18 cannot fill the form. The maximum age limit for a general category candidate is 40 years. This is the rule for both male and female candidates. Other category candidates enjoy some age relaxations. The OBC candidates have an age relaxation up to 3 years while an SC or ST candidate enjoys an age relaxation of 5years. The age relaxation for a physically challenged or visually impaired candidate is 10 years.
These vacancies are for the village post offices. As the name suggests, the selected candidates will get a job in various villages of their districts. The vacancies are available as per the districts or divisions of a particular state. It is advisory to the students that fill the form for their district only. If any outsider is willing to fill the form and got selected for any of the 4 posts, he will have to shift within the time span of one month in the particular village. In addition to that, he will have to submit a letter of declaration also, to the postmaster.
- The process of the selection of candidates
Selection is done by generating a merit list. This automatically generated merit list is made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in their 10th board exams. Apart from that, the computer training certificate is also considered while making this list. Different preferences are also set for the selection of the Gramin Dak sevaks. If the marks of two candidates match then the selection is made on the basis of category preferences. If a male and a female candidate have the same marks in matriculation and also have a computer training certificate, then the selection is done on the basis of gender preferences.
- Application fee to be deposited
The amount of application fees varies category wise. The general category male candidates have to pay an amount of 100 rupees as the fees. On the other hand, the female candidates from the general category need not pay any fees. The case is same with the OBC, SC, OR ST and physically challenged people.
- Pay scale
The salary of a Gramin Dak Sevak starts from 5,000 rupees and goes till 25,000 rupees. They also get a grade pay of 2400 with other basic amenities.
How to submit the application form?
The application form and the fees for Uttrakhand Gramin Dak Sevak can be submitted through both online and offline methods. For the online method of submission one can visit the website www.aapost.in and for offline submission, one needs to visit his nearest post office.