The SSC GD Constable exam is conducted every year for the candidates who aspire to pursue a career under Special Forces of Government. The exam is conducted for recruiting candidates to the post of Constable (GD) in CISF, NIA, ITBP, SSB and BSF. Therefore, candidates who apply for the SSC GD Constable recruitment are required to clear the Computer Based Test (CBT).
Although the exam is not difficult in nature, the level of competition is tough which makes it difficult to clear the exam. Hence, it gets important to follow the right preparation strategy for the Phase 1 Computer Based Test to score maximum marks.
So, in this regard here’s section-wise SSC GD Constable exam preparation strategy for scoring maximum marks in the exam.
General Intelligence and Reasoning Tips
General Intelligence and Reasoning is one of the most important sections of the exam. This section is one of the toughest and therefore you should prepare the important topics in Reasoning quite thoroughly. So, it is important that you give 2 hours of your day daily to practice General Intelligence and Reasoning topics. Besides, you can follow these tips to prepare the Reasoning section of the exam and score good marks.
- Focus on important General Intelligence and Reasoning topics carrying more weightage. These topics include Analogies, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding & Decoding and Similarities and Differences.
- Prepare a proper study plan, learn short tricks for important topics and practice questions on them regularly.
- Practice SSC GD Constable mock tests and previous year papers regularly to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Analyze your performance in mock test papers, know your weaknesses and strong areas. Work on your weaknesses and focus more on solving questions with accuracy.
- Try and solve different types of questions from each topic rather than solving different types of questions on a single topic.
General Knowledge and General Awareness Tips
The General Knowledge section of the SSC GD Constable exam comprises of questions based on a national and international current events. This section can prove to be the most scoring one if you prepare well for it. Considering this, here are a few tips that you can follow to boost your preparation for the General Awareness section of the SSC GD Constable exam.
- Read newspaper daily and follow current events and news on by watching news channels.
- Sign in to popular news portals and online exam preparation platforms to read daily current affairs.
- Read Manorama Yearbook and Monthly GK Magazine to learn about the current affairs of the past 6 months.
- Attempt GK quizzes online on different topics and analyze your scores with each quiz.
- Make notes of important General Awareness topics so that you can revise them quickly before the exam.
Elementary Mathematics Tips
In Elementary Mathematics section of the Phase 1 SSC GD constable exam, the questions are based on topics such as Number Systems and Decimal & Fractions. Besides, topics like Average, Interest, Percentage, Mensuration, Ration & Time and Profit & Loss also contain one or two questions. Scoring good marks in this section plays an important role in overall marks and final merit list of candidates. So, here are few crucial tips that you need to follow ace your SSC GD Constable Maths exam preparation and score well.
- Follow a planned study routine and refer to the best Maths books for exam preparation.
- First of all, start your Maths preparation with basic chapters, then move to difficult chapters.
- Know important Maths topics carrying more weightage and practice questions on them regularly.
- These topics include; Average, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time & Distance and Ratio & Proportion.
- Learn important formulas and short-cut tricks of different topics, solve maximum questions to improve your timing and accuracy.
- Practice SSC GD Constable online test series and previous years papers regularly.
- Analyze your mock test performance, identify your weaknesses, work on them regularly to improve your scores.
SSC GD Constable Tips for the English Language
- You need to have a strong vocabulary to score good marks in the English section.
- Read newspapers, blogs and articles to improve your work power and English language knowledge.
- Focus more on important topics carrying higher weightage in the exam. These topics include Spot the Error, Passage, Antonyms, Idioms & Phrases, and Detecting Misspelt Words.
- Learn important grammar rules and practice them chapters-wise to improve your grammar skills.
- Read comprehension and passage daily and solve questions based on them.
- Attempt SSC GD Constable previous year papers and Mock tests to analyze your exam preparation for English subject.
Cracking the SSC GD Constable with good marks is not a difficult task if you prepare for the exam with hard work and dedication. Your exam preparation strategy should be such that you should be able to complete the entire syllabus before the exam. Besides, you should do a thorough revision of all the important topics in every subject to ace your exam preparation and score well in the exam.