India Post Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment- 2019 Apply Online, Merit List, Cut Off, Result @ appost.in/gdsonline: Right after passing out from college or a university, the first thing that a person does is look for a job. When it comes to job hunting there is nothing better than securing a government job. In a developing country like India, securing a government job is the ultimate goal for the majority of the candidates. One may wonder that why government jobs are so much in demand. Well, the reason is quite obvious. It is because of all the perks and benefits that are provided by a government job is the reason why most individuals aim to secure one. Unlike the private sector jobs, government jobs are associated with a plethora of benefits which include less working hours, holidays, pension after retirement and most importantly a handsome salary package.
If you can manage to secure a government job, you can have a secure future and career which is not the same as a private job. However, the problem with government jobs is that there are very limited vacancies available and considering the fact that every individual is in the quest of bagging a government job is what makes the situation even critical. This is one of the biggest reasons that the government is trying hard to generate a maximum number of vacancies in both the state and the central government sectors. This way, more people can get the opportunity to apply for a government job and build their career. This is also being done in order to remove the problem of unemployment from the country.
Speaking of government jobs, there are several different sectors that once can apply for. Take, for example, the railways, banking, government school teaching jobs, postal services etc. However, securing a government job is not that easy a task. If you are willing to take all the benefits that come with a government job then you are required to prove your worth for the same. Candidates who are willing to secure a government job needs to clear multiple stages of selection which include a written exam, interview and in some cases depending on the requirement of the job one may also have to appear for a physical efficiency test. In order to secure a government job, one has to clear all the stages and only then will they get selected. Therefore, one cannot take the selection procedure of a government job lightly. If you wish to enjoy the benefits of a government job then you are required to work hard and prepare for it.
Every year the government generates thousands of vacancies in various sectors. To make things easier, the government has launched several government job sites where information about recent job vacancies is being posted. Potential candidates who are willing to apply for a government job can look up to these sites and apply for their desired position. All the information is provided on the site itself. In fact, the entire application process has been arranged online so that candidates can apply without any hassle. Today, in this particular guide we will be discussing each and every important detail regarding the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019. We have furnished all the important details that you may require in order to apply for the position.
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak has announced the 242 vacancies for the post of MTS exclusive for the West Bengal circle. This is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who have been long waiting to bag a government job. If you are willing to secure a government job then this is the right time for you to grab onto this opportunity and engage yourself with the reputed India Post Office.
The lines for application will be open from 5th September 2018 onwards. Candidates who are interested in the post can start applying from 5th September 2018 onwards before the last date of application. As per the criteria set by the India Post authorities, candidates with an educational qualification of the even 10th standard can apply for the available posts. The candidate will be entitled to Rs 18,000 to 29,700 after enrolling themselves in the role as per the norms. But before, you decide to apply for the mentioned post you are required to clearly understand the pre-requisites of the posts as well.
Important Information about GDS
We have provided all of the vital details related to the GDS Recruitment below. Candidates who are willing to apply can follow the details in order to know about the pre-requisites of the post.
- Job Role: Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS)
- Total number of vacancies: 242
- Starting date of application: 5th September 2018
- Last date for receipt of applicants: 4th October 2018
- Closure for editing application details: 4th October 2018
- Last date for printing your application: 8th October 2018
- Offline fee payment: 05/09/2018 to 08/10/2018
- Location: WB Circle
Vacancy Break Up:
- Multi-Tasking staff: Gen- 140, SC- 41, ST- 14 and OB- 47.
The eligibility criteria as set by the authorities are as follows:
- Candidates are required to know the local language of the Andaman & Nicobar, West Bengal, and Sikkim state.
- The candidate must have learned the local language up to the 10th standard.
- Candidates willing to apply must have cleared at least their 10th standard from a recognized State or Central government board.
- Candidates are also required to have basic computer knowledge in order to be eligible for this post. They are required to produce a computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized computer training institute. However, if the candidate has studied computer up till their 10th standard are not required to produce a computer training certificate.
The age limit is set to 18 to 25 years for the multi-tasking staff. However, candidates belonging to the category of SC, ST, OBC, PH, and ex-servicemen can avail age relaxation as per the extant orders.
The candidates will be offered a handsome salary of Rs 18,000 to 29,700 plus other admissible allowances.
Selection Process for GDS recruitment:
It is obvious for the candidates to be tensed about the selection process which is why we have decided to break it down in details for you. Like all the other previous GDS recruitment, the selection will be done based on the merit list. The GDS merit list will be prepared by the India Post authorities. Once the application process is completed, the recruitment authority of India Post will publish the merit list which will be posted on the official site itself. The merit list will be prepared based on the ratio of the number of candidates that have applied and the number of vacancies.
The final selection of the candidates will be based on the merit list prepared by the concerned authorities. The candidates will get to know about the merit list very soon after the application process is all wrapped up. The candidates can find the merit list on the official website of India Post. In order to stay updated about the latest development such as the publishing of the merit list, the candidates are required to regularly visit the official site. You can also subscribe to the site so that you are notified every time something is updated on the site.
Steps To Apply For the India Post Recruitment 2018
For the candidates who are willing to apply for the mentioned post can follow the steps given below. We have provided the steps in details so that you do not face any problem in understanding it. Here you go with the steps:
- The first thing that you need to do is visit the official site of the India Post which is appost.in. This is the site from where you are required to apply for the post. However, candidates who are fulfilling the edibility criteria mentioned above can apply for the post.
- You are required to keep all your important documents and certificates ready before, you sit to apply.
- Once you open the website, you are required to click on the register and apply online link on the site.
- The next thing that you are required to do is complete your registration process and then submit the form.
- Once you have submitted your registration form, your registration number will be generated.
- The next step is to click on the ‘apply online’ option which you will find on the home page.
- You are then required to login with the help of your required login credentials.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen on which you are required to fill up. You need to make sure that there is not a single mistake on the form or else it will get rejected. Therefore, it is advised that you should revise the form twice before submitting it. Fill in all the required details correctly. The application form can be submitted online.
- The next thing that you are required to do is download the confirmation page and also take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Once you are done with your application process you are required to visit the nearest Post office in order to pay the application fee charge. Unless you pay the application fee amount, your application process will not be completed and your application form will be considered invalid. The payment of the application fee has been arranged offline.
Once you are done with your payment you can be assured of the fact that your application process has been completed. You are required to fill up the application form before the last date of application which is 4th October 2018. The application process is really simple and with the steps mentioned above anyone can follow it easily.
Here are some important points that you are required to know about the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2018. Candidates who are willing to apply should go through these important points in order to understand the job requirements better.
- Computer Knowledge: All the aspirants who are willing to apply for the mentioned post are required to have basic computer knowledge. The candidates are required to produce a computer training certificate for at least 60 days. The computer training certificate should be provided by a recognized computer training institute. In addition, certificates provide by the state governments, central government and university boards will also be accepted in this matter.
- Residence: The candidates who will be selected for this post will have to take mandatorily take up his or her residence in the branch post office as it will be assigned to them. This needs to be done within a month after the selection. In this matter, the candidates are required to submit an application.
- Adequate means of livelihood: The aspirants applying for this post should know that he or she will have adequate means of livelihood in order to support himself or herself. However, this is not considered as a pre-requisite for the candidates in order to apply for this post. The candidates who will be selected are required to comply with the same within a month after the selection but before the engagement.
These are some of the important things that the candidates are required to know and keep in their head before, applying for the post.
GDS Merit List and Result
Certain important things that you are required to know about the merit list and results of the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak:
- Merit List: As already mentioned above the selection of the candidates will be done based on the merit list prepared by the concerned authorities. The merit list will be published by the authorities once the application process is completed. The merit list will be published on the official site itself. In order to know the date of the publication of the merit list the candidates are required to visit the site regularly. This way you can stay updated about all the latest developments that are being posted on the official site. You can also subscribe to the official site so that you get a notification on your phone or via mail, every time when there is something new updated on the site. This way you will not miss out on any important information.
- Results: The final GDS result of the selected candidates will also be published on the official site. One needs to keep themselves updated in order to know the date of the publication of the results. In order to see the result, you are required to log into the official site.
Well, now that you know about the details of the merit list and the results of the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak, it will be easy for you to keep a track of all the important things.
How to check GDS result online?
If you are not sure of the procedure to check the GDS results online then we can help you with that. With the steps outlined below, you can check your results easily without having to worry about anything. Here you go with the steps:
- The first thing that you need to do is go to the official site of the Gramin Dak Sevak.
- On the website, you will find a link to Final result 2018 or GDS selection list. You are required to click on the link.
- After you click on the link you are required to choose your state and district. Select the required options.
- Once you are done with that, a PDF file will open. You are required to download this file. You will be able to see your name and roll number on the list. If your name is not there then, you can try again next year. You can follow the same method in order to check the GDS merit list as well.
Thus, you can see that the steps to check your GDS results are quite simple and anyone can follow the procedure with the help of the steps given above.
Points to keep in mind
Before you decide to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2018, it is important that you have a clear insight into the job that you are going to apply. We have listed some of the important information that you should know about.
- Candidates qualifying for the eligibility criteria are only allowed to apply for the post. To put in simple words, if you are able to fulfill all the required eligibility criteria as set by the authorities only then you can apply for the post or else not. In case, if you choose to lie then your application will get rejected.
- Candidates willing to apply for this post should have at least completed their class 10. Candidates are required to have at least pass their class 10th standard in order to be eligible for the post. In addition to that, you are also required to have basic computer knowledge. In order to prove the same, you are required to furnish a computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a reputed computer training center. However, if the candidate has already studied computer in their class 10 then they need not furnish any certificate.
- The candidates should also be able to speak the local language of the Sikkim state, the Andaman and Nicobar Island and of West Bengal.
- Interested candidates willing to apply for the post are required to submit their application forms and complete their application process before the prescribed last date after which no more application will be accepted. In fact, the application lines will be closed by the authorities. So if you are interested to apply then you are required to do so before the deadline arrives.
- The candidates can find all the important information related to the GDS recruitment in the official website itself. All the important information related to the job is furnished on the official website so that the candidates can have a better insight into the job that they are willing to apply. All the latest updates about the job will also be posted on the site. The site will be regularly updated with all the latest information which is why it is important for every candidate to keep a track of all the latest developments taking place on the site. In order to that, the candidates are required to visit the official site regularly or they can also choose to subscribe to the site so that they can receive notifications regarding the same.
- The merit list and the results of the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment will also be furnished on the official site. In order to know the dates, the candidates are required to check the site regularly.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit list prepared and published by the concerned authorities. The final merit list will be considered as final.
- Candidates are also required to register themselves on the site before, they can apply for the post. A registration number will be provided to the candidates whom they are required to keep safe as it will be required in the future to check the results and the merit list.
So, these are some of the important things that you need to register in your mind before, you apply for the post.
Government jobs are always preferred by people. This is a golden opportunity provided by the government. The job is open for application for both the male and the female candidates. Candidates who are willing to make their career and live a secured life can apply for the post. Now that you already know about all the details about the post, it will be easier for you to proceed ahead with your decision.