IIT JAM Application Form 2019: In 2019, IIT Kharagpur is going to conduct the IIT JAM Exam for all the candidates across the country. IIT Kharagpur will release the JAM 2019 Application form on September 1st, 2018. Here, the application form will be released in online mode only. Before filling the Application form, candidates are requested to complete the registration process. For the registration process, candidates have to provide valid email-ID password, name and mobile number.
After completing the registration process, you must login with your enrollment ID and password which you have created at the time of registration. In the IIT JAM Application form, candidates have to enter important details such as personal details and academic details. Every year, IIT JAM Exam is conducted in the second week of February. Here, we will provide a step-by-step process to fill the Application form.
IIT JAM Application Form 2019
IIT JAM 2019 – Important Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Announced)|
|Availability of Online Application||1st September 2018|
|Last date to submit application||10th October 2018|
|Admit Card Release||4th January 2019|
|Mock Test Available||10th January 2019|
|IIT JAM Exam Date||10th February 2019|
|Candidates Response||19th February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||25th February 2019|
|Result Declaration||20th March 2019|
|Rank & Merit List||5th April 2019|
|Score Card Release||5th April to 31st July 2019|
|Admission Form Availability||11th April to 24th April 2019|
|Last Date for receipt of a request for change of category||Till 7th May 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||3rd June 2019|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
Before applying the application form, candidates should refer the eligibility criteria,
– Indian/Foreign Nationals candidates are eligible to apply
– There is no age restriction. So, anyone can apply.
– Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
– Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained minimum of 55% marks and 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category.
– Currently, pursuing bachelor’s degree candidates can also apply.
IIT Jam 2019 Exam Details
The candidates for IIT JAM Exam can choose the specific academic programmes:
Programmes available at IIT:
1. M.Sc. (Four Semesters)
2. Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D.
3. MSc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree
Programmes available at IISc:
– Integrated Ph.D. Degree
– Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted in computer-based mode.
– Session: Exam will be organized into two sections, which is 9 AM to 12 Noon and 2 PM to 5 PM.
– Total Sessions in Exam: In the exam, questions will be asked in three different patterns which include Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
– No of Papers: Total seven papers will be arranged for IIT JAM Exam.
– Medium: Medium of Exam will be English only.
– Number of Questions: Roundabout 60 Questions will be asked in the Exam.
– Marks: The Question paper will be of 100 Marks.
Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2019?
IIT JAM Application Form 2019 – Essential things needed
Before moving to the registration, candidates should have a
– Valid E-mail ID
– Mobile Number
Before you start filling the application form, please ensure that you have all the things listed below with you:
– Passport Size Photograph
– Signature image
– Class 10, 12 mark sheet
– Qualifying degree mark sheet
– Photo ID proof
– Caste certificate (If Applicable)
How to fill IIT JAM Application form?
Follow the simple step-by-step process to avoid any error in filling the Application form.
Step 1. Registration
– Before filling the application form, applicants will have to complete the registration process. Applications should register on JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS)
– Here, Applicants have to fill details such as Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, & Password.
Step-2: Fill the Application form
Initially, log in with your enrollment id and password which you have created during the registration process.
Applicants have to fill details like name, date of birth, permanent and present address, etc.
Exam Centre details
– After completing personal details, candidates have to provide exam preference which contains subject and exam centre.
– Candidates have to select the two subjects in which they want to appear. Candidates, please note that both the exams will be conducted in different sections.
– After selecting the exam center, candidates should note that the choice of exam center is nearest to their home.
– Candidates have to select three closest exam centers.
In this part, applicants have to fill details of the qualifying examination.
– Here, details to be filled include qualifying exam, marks scored, name of college, year of passing and name of the university.
Candidates have to upload documents in required size and type in their application form:
-Passport size photograph
– Photo ID proof
– Caste and Disability Certificate (If applicable)
– Class 10
– Class 12
– Qualifying degree examination
Step 3: Pay Application Fee
After filling all the details about the application form, candidates must move towards the application fee payment process. Before candidates pay the application fee, candidates should check all the details are filled properly or not.
In order to complete the payment process, follow the simple steps:
1. As soon as you fill the application form and click on submit, you will view the following details.
– Name of Candidate
– Subject(s) chosen
– Amount to be paid
2. Now, check all the details and then click on “Proceed to Pay” option
3. Then, candidates will get different payment options which include Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
4. Select the payment option and then proceed to pay the application fee.
5. As soon as you finish with the payment, you will receive a confirmation message that payment is completed.
IIT JAM Syllabus 2019
The syllabus is mainly divided on the basis of subjects and sections. It consists of following subject’s topics and chapters, i.e., Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH).
IIT JAM Admit Card 2019
– The admit card will be released by the Institution on 4th January 2019 via online mode.
– Candidates can download the admit card after entering their Enrolment ID/ Email ID & Password. IIT JAM never sent Admit card by post or email.
– Candidates are requested to carry their admit card along with valid photo ID proof at the Examination hall.
– On the Exam day, the biometric system will be used for verification. Candidates fingerprint will be captured before they appear for the exam.
IIT JAM Result 2019
– Candidates will be able to check their results via online mode from the official website. IIT JAM 2019 result will be released on 20th March 2019.
– For each and every test paper, the institutions will form a separate merit list according to the categories.
– Candidates are requested to download the IIT JAM 2019 scorecard from 5th April to 31st July 2019. The exam conducting institution will not send any hard copy of the scorecard via offline mode.
We hope that you are able to fill IIT JAM Online Form 2019. If you found this information helpful, then please share it with your friends and followers.